Vacancy for Assistant Buyer
29th June 2022
Due to recent success with tendered projects, we require an Assistant Buyer to support our buying/procurement team across all parts of our business.
We actively promote a positive working environment in which teamwork, transparency and customer service are our key principles.
Position: Assistant Buyer
Reporting to: Buyer
About the role
Procast have a great opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our progressive procurement team based in our new headquarters in Hamilton.
Reporting to the Buyer/Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of buying from acquisition to cost, delivery and continuous improvement across all three businesses within the group.
The position would be well suited to an individual with some existing procurement experience but this is not essential.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Procure all the material required for live projects and ensure they are provided on time and within allocated budgets
- Raise Purchase Orders on to the ordering system
- Identify potential new suppliers and products
- Contact a range of suppliers to obtain quotations
- Agree delivery timescales
- Keep detailed records and maintain well-organised work schedules
- Assess the liability of suppliers
- Deal effectively with challenges and the flow of material
- Negotiate and agree the most favourable terms possible with suppliers
- Liaise with Estimating Department at tendering stages to ensure the most accurate rate is provided
- Co-operate with the Accounts Department on invoice queries and supplier accounts
- Manage and distribute Live Hire reports to all active sites
- Maintain delivery note procedure and ensure site management compliance
- Check delivery notes for completeness and match to purchase order
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft clear reports to convey information in a straightforward way to a diverse range of people
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships
- Numerical and data-analysis skills
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- IT skills
- Teamwork skills
- Resilience, determination and the ability to work well under pressure
- Good commercial awareness
- A practical, logical and methodical approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of past and current building and construction materials
Please apply, with CV, to