Vacancy for Site Manager
20th December 2023
Procast is a dynamic and fast moving principal contractor, delivering all aspects of social housing regeneration and external refurbishment works for many local authorities across Scotland. Due to extensive growth, we are seeking an experienced Site Manager to join our team.
Position: Site Manager
Reporting to: Area/Contracts Manager
Location: Moffat, Dumfriesshire
About the role
Successfully and effectively manage all day-to-day site activities on residential, external and internal refurbishment projects in a safe, timely manner to the desired quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
Duties, responsibilities and accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Supporting area manager in the management, delivery and co-ordination of project.
– Contracts are predominantly External/Cavity Wall Insulation (extract and refill), roofing works and associated PAS2035 retrofit.
– Deliver site inductions to site operatives and visitors, toolbox talks, lead on monthly progress meetings with clients.
– Responsible for delivering project on time and in budget.
– Review and monitor subcontractor RAMS.
– Complete weekly/daily inspections.
– CDM 2015 knowledge and full understanding of current H&S legislation.
- Undertake all necessary supervisory duties in line with project demands including management and direction of all subcontract and in-house labour.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with contract specification, drawings and quality standards.
- Issue weekly progress reports using Site Audit Pro application.
- Effectively communicate with the client’s clerk of works.
- Complete material requisitions and programme all deliveries.
- Monitoring programming and reporting site progress on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Liaise directly with clients and residents in an effective manner.
- SMSTS/SSSTS as a minimum
- First Aid certificate
- CSCS card
- Scaffold inspection
- Background in joinery preferred
- Adequate experience relevant to works being carried out
- Good communications skills
- Experience in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- An understanding of Microsoft Project for programming
- Experience of managing multi trades on site
- Knowledge of current building regulations and PAS2030:2019 standards for retrofit projects.